Find out what Anti-Ageing Specialist Shaun Connolly has to say!
Macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss in Australia. If your over 50 get your checked now.
Be a Stunning Senior
Annette Sym's tells us how to still enjoy those many morning or afternoon tea's without wreaking havoc with your health.
Nutra Organics e-Cookbook is Here!
Nutra Organics e-Cookbook is here! Most recipes are free of gluten, dairy, preservatives and additives.
Self Sabotage, Why We Do It.
Are you making promises to yourself...but only find your letting yourself down?
Proudly Supported By
Recipes for Diabetes Using Almond Milk
For More Recipes using Almond Milk, click here
It’s Diabetes Awareness Week, so I thought you might be interested in the attached recipes suitable for diabetics which are made with unsweetened almond milk.
While eating right is important, diabetics and their families don’t have to resign themselves to a lifetime of cooking bland “health food”. Integrating healthy food should be fun and easy, especially with the following diabetic recipes made with unsweetened Almond Breeze. Unsweetened Almond Breeze is the only almond milk available in Australia that has no added sugar and a low glycemic index (GI) therefore making it suitable for diabetics.
Broccoli, Cherry Tomato and Ricotta Frittata
Serving size: 4 people
Olive oil spray
1 bunch of broccoli chopped in bite size pieces
1 cup frozen peas
4 eggs and 4 egg whites
1/3 cup low-fat ricotta
1/4 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
200g grape tomatoes, halved
150g smoked salmon with chilli, flaked or one large can of chilli tuna.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray the insides of a round cake pan with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper.
2. Cook the broccoli and peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 1-3 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain.
3. Whisk together the almond milk, egg whites, eggs and 2 tablespoons of the ricotta in a large bowl. Add the broccoli, peas, tomato, and salmon or tuna. Stir to combine. Season with pepper for taste.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Crumble over remaining ricotta. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Diabetic Pumpkin Pie
Serving size: 1 pie
1 package sugar-free vanilla pudding
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2tbs stevia or splendor
1 Basic 9” Pie Crust
1. Blind bake the pie crust until slightly cooked.
2. Make the sugar-free pudding according to packet directions.
3. Add pumpkin and spices and mix with pudding.
4. Pour mixture into pre-baked pie crust.
5. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours before serving
Diabetic Wholemeal Pancakes with Strawberries
Serving size: 12 pancakes
2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
2 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
1 cup of strawberries for garnish
1. Mix the Almond Breeze with wholemeal flour and oil in a bowl. When mixed, stir in the egg whites and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Spray a pan with a minimal amount of oil and cook each pancake. Flip when bubbles start to appear, cook thoroughly.
3. Serve the pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup if desired.
For more recipes using almond milk Click Here
Almond Breeze is a leading international brand of almond milk.
It is a delicious low-fat milk alternative made from almonds, a natural super-food,
and it is completely free from dairy, eggs, lactose, casein, peanuts and gluten.
The unique formula in Almond Breeze comes from Blue Diamond, The Almond People,
who have over 100 years’ experience in growing and harvesting the world’s finest
Launching in Australia in 2012 after a decade of success in the US, Almond Breeze is
produced locally with manufacturing and production facilities at Taren Point, Sydney.
Almond Breeze is suitable for anyone looking to live a healthier lifestyle.
Almond Breeze is a good source of calcium and contains vitamin D and E required for
strong bones and healthy skin.
The low level of saturated fat makes Almond Breeze a healthier alternative to skim
milk and soy.
Unsweetened Almond Breeze has a low glycemic index (GI). There is no sugar added
to Unsweetened Almond Breeze making it suitable for diabetics.
Almond Breeze is lactose free – making it easy to digest and a great substitute for
dairy milk especially for the growing Asian and lactose-intolerant population in
Almond Breeze has no cholesterol and is suitable for vegans and people with dairy
allergies or those who suffer from heart disease or high cholesterol.
It is delicious on cereal, in smoothies, coffee and in baking.
For more information, visit: www.almondbreeze.com.au or contact
ICON International Communications 02 8235 7600 or at AlmondBreeze@iconinternational.com