Find out what Anti-Ageing Specialist Shaun Connolly has to say!
Macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss in Australia. If your over 50 get your checked now.
Be a Stunning Senior
Annette Sym's tells us how to still enjoy those many morning or afternoon tea's without wreaking havoc with your health.
Nutra Organics e-Cookbook is Here!
Nutra Organics e-Cookbook is here! Most recipes are free of gluten, dairy, preservatives and additives.
Self Sabotage, Why We Do It.
Are you making promises to yourself...but only find your letting yourself down?
Proudly Supported By
Party Food For All Kids
You’re having a party and you thought your biggest challenge was going to be what sort of cake to have!
After sending out the invitations, you find out that there will now be kids there that have food allergies.
Don’t be put off.
We make catering for kids with allergies really easy.
You might be asking yourself “So how do I cater for this without running the risk of making someone else’s child sick?”
We have put together a list of allergy free party foods to make your party plan a whole lot easier and you can get on with the job of finding that perfect cake to make.
Below is a list of gluten, dairy, nut and egg free recipe links.
• Gluten and Dairy Free Cupcakes contains egg
• Dairy and Wheat Free Chocolate Cake contains egg
• Egg Free, Diary Free and Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
• Gluten Free, Egg Free with Soy Milk Chocolate Cake
• Crispy Potato skins with Salsa
• Chicken, lettuce and avocado Gluten Free Wraps
• Sushi for kids
Gluten Free Birthday Cake by Springhill Farm with video
• Gluten Free Chipolatas from Coles (these are made of pork and may not be suitable for some religions) Served with Fountain Spicy Red Tomato Sauce (Gluten Free)
• Gluten free Bayview Crumbed Fish Bites from Coles (watch for seafood allergy)
• Jelly Cups using Aeroplane jelly
• Gluten free Chocolate Crackles
• Choice food for kids gives the thumbs up for COTTEE`S Concentrate Cordial - Orange Crush
• Don’t forget fruit, kids love watermelon, cherries and grapes maybe serve some fruit kebabs.
Watch the strawberries though, some kids are allergic to these.
• If you are catering for Gluten Allergy only, you could try using a Basco Chocolate cake or butter cake or carrot cake mix.These cake mixes contains milk protein and require eggs.
Gluten and Dairy Free Cupcakes
200g dairy free butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup caster sugar
2 1/2 cups gluten free flour,
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup soy milk
CSR Pure Icing sugar (Gluten Free)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced oven. Line muffin or mini-muffin pans with paper cases.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in half the flour. Stir in half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk until combined.
3. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
4. Stand cakes in pans for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Ice with coloured icing made with dairy free butter and icing sugar.
Crispy Potato Skins with Salsa Dip
Ingredients (serves 8)
6 large (about 1kg) sebago potatoes, scrubbed
Olive oil spray
Mild tomato salsa
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the potatoes on the shelf in the oven and bake for 1-1 1/2 hours or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly before handling.
2. Cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the soft potato flesh, leaving some close to the skin. Cut each piece into 2 or 3 pieces lengthways. * Remaining steps can be done tomorrow or later in the day.
3. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper. Place the potato skins on the baking tray and spray generously with olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes or until skins are golden and crispy. Serve with the salsa.
*Can be made the day before or in the morning, leaving the second baking until just before serving.
Dairy and Wheat Free Chocolate Cake
Ingredients (serves 10)
Olive oil, for greasing
750mls (3 cups) soy drink
2 tbs white vinegar
295g (2 cups) rice flour
90g (1 cup) soya flour
95g (1 cup) Green and Blacks organic cocoa powder or Organic Times Gluten Free Organic cocoa powder
3 tsp baking powder
550g (2 1/2 cups) raw sugar
60mls (1/4 cup) olive oil
2 tbs vanilla essence
1. Brush a 26cm (base measurement) springform pan with oil to lightly grease.
2. Place soy drink in a medium bowl and add vinegar. Sift rice flour, soya flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
3. Add oil, eggs and vanilla essence to soy drink mixture and whisk until well combined. Add 1/2 the soy drink mixture to the dry ingredients and use electric beaters to beat for 2 minutes or until well combined. Add remaining soy drink mixture and beat for a further 2 minutes.
4. Pour into greased pan and cook in preheated oven for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe from www.taste.com.au
Chicken, lettuce and Avocado Gluten Free Wraps
4 gluten free wraps
2 cups of diced BBQ chicken (check with supermarket if basting sauce contains gluten- do not use stuffing)
2 tablespoons of dairy free egg free mayonnaise like Norganic Organic Mayonaise
½ avocado mashed
2 cups of shredded lettuce
1. Mash avocado with a little mayonnaise. Smear mashed avocado onto wrap.
2. Mix chicken with mayonnaise, spread chicken over ¾ of wrap and top with lettuce, roll up wrap using avocado as a paste for holding the wrap together.
3. Cut wrap into 4 pieces
Sushi for kids
1 1/2 cups sushi rice (see note)
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon caster sugar
4 nori sheets
2 tablespoons Norganic Organic Mayonnaise
1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, grated
1 small tin of tuna in spring water
1 packet of Gluten free ham or gluten free chicken breast
Tamari sauce, to serve
1. Rinse and drain rice 3 times or until water runs clear. Place in a sieve over a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to drain.
2. Place rice and 1 1/2 cups cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until water has absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place vinegar and sugar in a microwave-safe jug. Microwave on high (100%) for 30 seconds. Stir to dissolve sugar. Transfer rice to a large ceramic dish. Using a spatula, stir to break up lumps. Slowly add vinegar mixture, lifting and turning rice, until rice has cooled.
4. Place 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on a sushi mat. Using damp fingers, spread 3/4 cup rice over nori, leaving a 2cm strip at 1 short end. Spread 2 teaspoons mayonnaise over centre of rice. Arrange one-quarter cucumber, avocado, ham/chicken/tuna and carrot over mayonnaise. Using the sushi mat, roll up firmly to form a roll. Cut into 6 slices. Repeat with remaining nori sheets, rice, mayonnaise, cucumber, avocado and carrot to make 24 pieces. Serve with soy sauce.
Recipe adapted from www.taste.com.au
Gluten Free Chocolate Crackles
4 Cups of Freedom Food Rice Puffs (Gluten Free)
1 cup of CSR Pure icing sugar (Gluten Free)
1 cup of coconut
5 tablespoons of Green and Blacks cocoa powder or Organic Times Gluten Free Organic cocoa powder
1. In a large bowl, mix the Freedom Food Rice Puffs®, icing sugar, cocoa & coconut.
2. Slowly melt the copha in a saucepan over a low heat.
3. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Add to Rice puff mixture, stirring until well combined.
5. Spoon mixture into paper patty cases and refrigerate until firm.
Egg Free, Dairy Free and Gluten Free Chocolate Cake (serves 24)
655g Gluten Free Flour
90g of Green and Blacks cocoa powder or Organic Times Gluten Free Organic cocoa powder
3 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon salt
660g of castor sugar
250ml of vegetable oil
700ml of water
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 22x30cm baking tin
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, bi-carb soda and salt. Add sugar and mix together.
3. Add oil, water and vanilla essence and mix together thoroughly.
4. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
Gluten Free, Egg Free with soy milk Chocolate Cake (8-10)
325g Gluten Free Plain Flour
3 teaspoons of Gluten Free Baking Powder
45g of Green and Blacks cocoa powder or Organic Times Gluten Free Organic cocoa powder
1 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon salt
300g of castor sugar
100ml of vegetable oil
300ml of soy milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
1 cup of CSR pure Icing Sugar
½ cup of Green and Black cocoa powder or Organic Times Gluten Free Organic Cocoa.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 20cm round baking tin
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder cocoa powder, bi-carb soda and salt. Add sugar and mix together.
3. Add oil, soy milk and vanilla essence and mix together thoroughly.
4. Pour into prepared baking pan. Smooth top of cake. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.